July 11, 2009

Sikeston, Missouri

This historical picture was taken in the early 1940s and includes Grover Heath, owner and operator of his gas station at the corner of Malone and Scott. He operated the business for 28 years. (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)
The Malone Theatre is getting a new marquee sign in the late 1940's. Looks like "Pony Express" is the featured movie (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)
This is the Scott County Milling Company mill A and elevator, as taken from a 1929 St Louis Post Dispatch pictorial about Missouri sights (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)

This photo is of the interior of the old Sikeston Mercantile Company made in 1920. From left to right are Dean Marshall, Lawrence Gross, Mary Wilson Johnson and Jeff Meyer (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)
We do not have a date for this photo of the old and new Sensenbaugh Bros garage (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)

This photo is undated but taken when J.C. Penney was located in downtown Sikeston. This store was opened on May 25, 1939 (Provided by Standard Democrat Newspaper)

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos and love Sikeston, Missouri.

    ReplyDelete